PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 28th Jun 2020, 06:36
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VThokie2
The EK training department never fully embraced the concept of imparting knowledge ie teaching. There were quite a few excellent TREs, I’m sure they’ve all been shown the door by now. Excellent TRIs were more sparse, which is where you actually need the enthusiastic teachers. You can take a B1900 pilot and transition them to 747s within an allotted syllabus time with a good trainer that are permitted by the system to teach and are encouraged to share tips/tricks/technique IN ADDITION to SOP. Happens all the time in the States. Unfortunately at EK it was always the line Captains that actually had to teach new hires how to REALLY fly the plane, because the training department couldn’t be bothered.
Couldnt agree more, sadly in my time the trainers that actually wanted to impart decent knowledge and helpful tips and tricks were whittled down to basically a person or two whom had escaped the attentions of the various fiefdoms that existed along national and ethnic grounds. As I’ve stated before, there was no way in hell I would have subjected myself to the nonsense and poorly thought out edicts and whims.

On the subject of redundancy, true to form EK are a mere stain, the considerable lack of humanity shown is part and parcel with the Arab mentality that is enabled by various western sycophants masquerading as qualified individuals. I do however draw some solace in the knowledge that a good number of these sycophants have been shown the door, the other positive outcome is that many of the Emirati oxygen thieves inhabiting positions above their genetic and intellectual capacity are now going to be required to actually work. I await with interest to see the inevitable and inexorable decline as the squabbling and Wasta take their natural course.
Lastly remember this, we aviators are resilient, we are skilled, we are creative and we are (mostly) intelligent...there WILL be an uptick, enforced change causes enforced adaptation, you can get through this.