PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2020, 05:33
slice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 34R
If they don't move more towards a productivity based EA then I would be staggered. You are taking the p!ss if you think there isn't any fat to be trimmed, and I don't say that as a personal attack.
I flew with many, many crew who milked every cent they could and funnily enough are now complaining the loudest about Bain's impending arrival.

Save the company.... Save your job.... Work on the rest later

I’m not saying there aren’t savings to be made but generally some guys could milk the system (referring mostly to the drafting system I presume) only because of the utterly incompetent approach to crewing generally. One of the hallmarks of the old Virgin operation was the utter collapse of any kind coherent plan in the event of any kind of disruption. On top of that, the rostering software was abysmal.

It’s interesting to see someone advocating an additional Adelaide base and others saying the number of bases should reduce. This is the interesting conundrum, more bases / less Hotac costs or few bases / little Hotac cost but big schedule restrictions (ie no early deps or late arrivals at outports). But as I said, a Jetstar approach will get a Jetstar result.