PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 28th Jun 2020, 00:55
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chemo2018
"remember if you haven’t been trapped in the abuse of power due to a trainer who tried to screw you just because he could with no explanation you got a 3 or even a fail for utter BS where nobody wanted to Hear the truth and questioned the training body"

Or on the day the trainer has to FAIL a student because he was called in the office and told that his pass rate is to high. WTF. As a trainer in a previous life, I was proud of my pass rate. I was never questioned on the success of my students.. My philosophy was if my student failed, I failed. .You roll the dice every time you go to the sim. I guess during the briefing before the sim is to ask the trainer how is pass/fail numbers stack up in the training department..
In EK you are lucky to receive a training with one of the few excellent trainers. And there are quite a few trainers who wanted train to success and had been shown the door.

in general EK pilots are not trained they are checked only - lets be honest 3h sim with 2h briefing shows only that EK wants to talk about flying but not practice