PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2020, 23:12
RubberDogPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InZed
Have you looked into the document at all? I think you might need to re-read the title of the document. I'll underline the keyword for you in case you miss it again.
COVID-19 TEMPORARY VARIATION TO NZALPA AIR NEW ZEALAND LIMITED PILOTS’ COLLECTIVE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
Wow! Fundamental Attribution Error, Confirmation Bias, and Projection all rolled into one response. I can see the lock-down did wonders for you patience. Read a post, filtered it through red mist, completely altered its meaning, and voila - proved you didn't comprehend anything at all. I'll rephrase your honour:
How many roll-overs of a temporary variation are needed for it to no longer be temporary?
How many variations of an existing CEA are needed before the original is no longer relevant?

Are you happy that CEA protections around leave notice periods were waived, in order to "help out" - and in return you were sent down the road sooner than you needed to be? (To help with your perception problem - that little question mark means it's an actual question. Like the ones in the original post. It's an invitation for you to answer, not for you to decide what I think - because so far, you've largely been wrong on that score).
By your own admission, you feel let down by your union and you're thinking about jumping ship. Which is it?
Since you like internet reading, go have a look at what IFALPA think is the next train coming down the line - it aint Covid...
See also: "full pay 'till the last day" - an american view of what happens to T&Cs when you "help out" "temporarily" in the aftermath of 9/11...
(sorry, I'm not going to give you links - get a balanced view).

Have you looked into this at all? There are numerous sources quoting this information. Will a Harvard article suffice?
HARVARD | Ending an Epidemic: The when and how of vaccines

"In fact, from the time of the public release of the SARS-CoV-2 sequence to the injection of a BARDA-supported vaccine “into the first volunteer’s arm…in a phase-1 safety test,” Bloom notes, took just 62 days."

There are three phases of vaccine testing; each phase being months long. But there are numerous companies that are already, or about to start, the third and final phase. Should this be successful, the world should have a mass produced vaccine by the end of the year.
I take it you probably want me to do your research for you on this one also?
XINHUA | China's inactivated COVID-19 vaccine starts phase-3 clinical trial internationally
TIME | Moderna Plans to Start Phase 3 Testing of Its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in July
Those are all very nice, and perhaps, despite bolding, and specifically asking about the FIVE YEARS claim on the Ebola vaccine, you've somehow conflated that to my suspicion of a Covid vaccine. This in-spite of my opening statement of agreement with you, and acknowledging the Oxford University/AstraZenteca are well under way with their third phase trial of their vaccine.
You are correct that Oxford via their Vietnam lab plan to have most of Europe and the US covered by the end of the year - if their final trial doesn't throw up any issues.

The bolding is the elephant in the room don't you think? Given that the latest from Oxford is that their September timeframe for rollout of the vaccine in Europe has slipped (ironically because so few of the 10000+ volunteers will "catch" Covid with the dropping daily infections in the UK), and those very same articles that you so dutifully linked quote "4 years" for Mumps (the fastest yet), and that the Moderna and Oxford trials have a "20%" chance of successfully navigating the phase 3 trials - I really can't see why you're so p!ssy at what was said. And try not to seem so pleased with yourself that you could shout "will a Harvard article suffice" - appeals to authority on the internet are beginner level. I can see why I walked away from prune 20 years ago....

Because it seems I need to be less nuanced in my replies, I'll say again - I agree, a vaccine is more likely than not, and in record time.

Last edited by RubberDogPoop; 28th Jun 2020 at 01:36.