PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The true number of displaced (redundant) pilots
Old 27th Jun 2020, 13:44
Judd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you commence a sermon with respect to the negatives of shock cooling on descent. Or perhaps pontificate about how to make a CTAF call to your exacting personal standards. Must be hard work carrying that chip around everywhere.

Well put indeed. I remember going through that rubbish years ago. I had been retrenched from airline flying and was interviewed for a job flying an MU2. The then chief pilot gave me the bum's rush saying I wouldn't be able able to handle single pilot IFR and in any case would expect too much in terms of aircraft serviceability. In other words he wanted a clean maintenance release from his pilots.
I made the point that having flown Mustangs in the RAAF single pilot IFR including formation flying in cloud I figured I could cope in IMC without an autopilot. . I didn't get the job.

Two years later I was re-hired by my former airline back on the 737. Guess who was my first copilot? It was the MU2 chief honcho who had interviewed me two years earlier.

-41 is online now Report Post