PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2020, 01:47
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RubberDogPoop
Ouch! Thats a hell of a leap. I for one won't be rubber-stamping it without a lot of personal due diligence. Creating a variation to an existing CEA every time there is an "unprecedented" situation, to "help out" ends up diluting the original document.
Have you looked into the document at all? I think you might need to re-read the title of the document. I'll underline the keyword for you in case you miss it again.
COVID-19 TEMPORARY VARIATION TO NZALPA AIR NEW ZEALAND LIMITED PILOTS’ COLLECTIVE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT

Originally Posted by RubberDogPoop
While I agree with the sentiment - the whole world is invested in this vaccine - I've never heard such optimistic numbers around development timeframes. 7 months for Ebola???? Last I heard it was the fastest ever vaccine at Five years! I'd love to see your sources. Despite every other article that you read being a full 180 on the last, I've not seen deviation from the idea that (wrongly) no Corona virus vaccine currently exists (we have of course a 'Flu vaccine of 45% effectiveness), and that developments are measured in years, not months. You are correct that Oxford via their Vietnam lab plan to have most of Europe and the US covered by the end of the year - if their final trial doesn't throw up any issues. If there are, I'm afraid IATA disagree wholeheartedly with you and see in their baseline prediction - 2019 levels at the start of 2023. How many roll-overs should we give without any thought to the consequences?
Have you looked into this at all? There are numerous sources quoting this information. Will a Harvard article suffice?
HARVARD | Ending an Epidemic: The when and how of vaccines

"In fact, from the time of the public release of the SARS-CoV-2 sequence to the injection of a BARDA-supported vaccine “into the first volunteer’s arm…in a phase-1 safety test,” Bloom notes, took just 62 days."

There are three phases of vaccine testing; each phase being months long. But there are numerous companies that are already, or about to start, the third and final phase. Should this be successful, the world should have a mass produced vaccine by the end of the year.
I take it you probably want me to do your research for you on this one also?
XINHUA | China's inactivated COVID-19 vaccine starts phase-3 clinical trial internationally
TIME | Moderna Plans to Start Phase 3 Testing of Its COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate in July