PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2020, 23:59
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2bigmellons
Actually, the AFFA doesn't mention that, rather it refers to (5.1 of the temporary variation) "if the company is projecting the internal or external jet operations will operate at greater than a roster average of 60 hours IP for any 3 consecutive roster periods...

Based on that, and since the A320 and the 787 are flying both internal and external operations, I'd imagine any fleet that is projected to operates above 60 hours IP for 3 consecutive roster periods will trigger re-employment. I'm no expert with this, and I am curious to know what others think. How are they tracking internal and external hours? If the 787 is adding "10,000 extra" seats over the school holidays - an internal operation, how do we know what the average internal hours are up to? Additionally, I understand they have used the word 'projected', does that mean any additional flying that is added to the live roster (as has been happening) and could potentially take a fleet average over 60 hrs IP, won't count towards one of the 3 consecutive roster periods?
Ahhhh yes... Had to re-read it to refresh my memory of the exact wording. Thanks 2BM.

5. Re employment and recall of pilots made redundant or furloughed
If the Company is projecting the internal or external jet operations will operate at greater than a roster average of 60 incentive hours for any 3 consecutive roster periods then a pilot made redundant will be offered re-employment and a pilot who chose furlough will be recalled in accordance clause 5.2 of this temporary Variation and s19 of the CA.
5.2 Re-employment or recall will occur at the necessary level to keep the roster average for any 3 consecutive roster periods at 60 incentive hours or less.
5.3 For the avoidance of doubt, for the duration of this temporary Variation, the Company will not operate the internal or external jet operations at greater than a roster average of 60 incentive hours for any 3 consecutive roster periods unless all redundant pilots have been re-employed and all furloughed pilots have been recalled.

Sooooooooo... if the internal jet operation hits 60 hours (even if the external jet operation is less than 60 hours), does this trigger re-hiring?