PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2020, 23:27
2bigmellons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InZed
I agree with your last statement 100%. And with IP I believe it’s long haul vs short haul IP... so the average of 60 hrs across the 787/777 (eg. 85hrs on the 787 and 25hrs on the 777 is still under the threshold). If I understand correctly.
Actually, the AFFA doesn't mention that, rather it refers to (5.1 of the temporary variation) "if the company is projecting the internal or external jet operations will operate at greater than a roster average of 60 hours IP for any 3 consecutive roster periods...

Based on that, and since the A320 and the 787 are flying both internal and external operations, I'd imagine any fleet that is projected to operates above 60 hours IP for 3 consecutive roster periods will trigger re-employment. I'm no expert with this, and I am curious to know what others think. How are they tracking internal and external hours? If the 787 is adding "10,000 extra" seats over the school holidays - an internal operation, how do we know what the average internal hours are up to? Additionally, I understand they have used the word 'projected', does that mean any additional flying that is added to the live roster (as has been happening) and could potentially take a fleet average over 60 hrs IP, won't count towards one of the 3 consecutive roster periods?