PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2020, 19:15
Jerbourg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nuweiba
You could blame open skies - of you were sitting on the Aurigny management side of the fence. But an independent view might raise the various management mistakes made in recent years. The Trislander replacement. The choice of outright purchase of the E195 ( when the more cost efficient CS100 was around the corner ). The purchase of the three new ATRs. The long lease of G-HUET. The setting up of an own handling unit at Gatwick. Pricing strategies. The Blue Island code-share fiasco. The LCY route. Other non-profitable and non-essential routes such as Leeds Bradford, Norwich etc. The competition on the Southampton route, the U-turn on the Jersey route. Need I go on ?

I think we could say two U turns on the JER route, initially they withdrew, then went back on & then pulled off again. The wrong aircraft was used on this sector, it should have been operated by a (mostly idle) 228 with maybe 2 flights a day in each direction instead of the 1 operated by the ATR.

I'd like to know how much the LGW handling operation costs to run compared to using a handling agent & as I type this I'm thinking the same for GCI too?

Mark Darby was on local radio this morning blaming open skies for Aurigny's losses, one wonders how much longer he can pull the wool over the Governments eyes to hide his (IMO) bad management..?