PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DECs
Thread: Emirates DECs
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2003, 18:14
fatbus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have two kids in the American School old enough for the company to pay the hole shot. The amount for the primary/elementry is where people come up shot,the amount is going up all the time and EK does have a say as to what the schools can charge. Most schools will say they have waiting lists but so far I know of no one how has not got there kids into school.

You pay for extra for after school things but it's not bad, my kids have done things they would have never done back home.
Other cost are school trips which there seems to be alot of cost varies.

Women(expat) are free to do just about anything you want, alot do work. My wife would rather play golf and tennis,go for coffee or head to beach, she really likes it here but it is not for everyone.

The housing market is controlled right now so it's really hard to say what the value of property will be 10-15 years down the road.Most guys are saying that if there place is only worth 1/2 they will break even because the amount the company gives you.If the housing allow goes up you would see more guys buying in order to use company money.For the time being there is no shortage of building and no shortage of land, don't think it's going to be like HongKong or SIN
EK does not own any villa complexes but do rent out large numbers ie;
92/140 or all the 84's or most of the 164's.
Some of the people that are buying is because they don't like where they are or don't like being around all EK pilots

The DEC's are a must if we want to operate the 18 340's next year. I think most FO's can deal with that as long as there upgrade is not effected, there has been a change with the fast track upgrades and there is where the problem is.It did not effect me and so far I beleive the Airbus Mang when they say all FO's will upgrade in 3 years.The more airplanes we operate the bigger the bonus.