PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More nonsense from Nigel - who has written a new book!
Old 26th Jun 2020, 15:15
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MG
Not n High, I completely agree with your words, there is still, and will always be, some really petty in-fighting in the services and in industry. That’s what happens when humans are involved. However, when listening to him, it’s always the fault of the RAF and the poor, bloody Navy is always on the receiving end. Just not true and it’s totally disingenuous to suggest so. It’s the total lack of balance, and the lack of any credit that annoys me.
Not a weird case of mutual "back-scratching" MG, but I agree with you too! The problem is that people seem to forget that, if they invest too much hype to support a given viewpoint, it just detracts from the very argument they are trying to make to the point that even their potential supporters just distance themselves in case the grenade (or, is that, "when the grenade"?) goes off!

Maybe my use of the word "rant" was too understated (my apologies for that) but I really didn't want to get dragged into the detail of what is simply a "repeat" argument (Thinks, Monty Python has just sprung to mind - "Is this a 5 minute argument, Sir - or the full half hour?"). I've got windows to sand down and wood oil to apply. Far more important than dwelling on what most folk understand is "life" - us being humans one and all - and has been done to death countless times over the years.

As ever, Shy sums it up nicely in Post #50! All those who made the decisions in the 60/70/80/90's are gone (as in at least retired!) - the best we hope for is that the current generation of VSOs avoid the worst excesses of their, perhaps, less "balanced" forebearers and thus the UK can afford the most appropriate, well balanced, defence for the good of the nation. Sadly, MG, I think you and I will probably share a similar, somewhat pessimistic, view on the likelihood of that happening - but we will always live in hope!

Alas, my windows await my presence! H 'n' H is awayyyyyyyy!