PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jun 2020, 12:30
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I strongly suggest you have a look around the forum before publishing your diary.

I get it, you want to chase your dream. But come on mate, seriously considering CAE or any integrated school costing in excess of 100.000 GBP with for the forseeable future literally 0 chance of a job afterwards? You're betting against very small odds with your future weatlh on the line.
Are you aware that easyjet MPL cadets awaiting basetraining got their contracts cancelled due to aviation crisis? Please tell me that you were not. I fear it wouldn't matter anyway because " brr brr I go fly aeroplawne heheh brr brr nice pilotsuit, i want boeing a320 hgahe", am I right?

Please notice that starting a whitetail integrated fATPL during/shortly after COVID does not show any positive traits.

Why? because it shows a probability that:
  • You are inclined to poor situational awareness
  • You are highly susceptible to confirmation bias
  • You haven't done a well founded research before making a decision with possibly major consequences
  • You are willing to gamble against very small odds with a possibly major consequences
I am not here to burn you down, but by looking at your previous post you tick atleast a few of the points listed above.

Just consider it as a warning, the financial burden is a hard one to carry for the rest of your life, even more so if as a binman.
Go back to the drawing board. Read aviation forums, enquire on facebook groups, do NOT take out a loan, consider modular, get a few PPL lessons, this forum is filled with sound advice --> don't only read the things that you'd like to hear.

I agree with Modular Halil about a degree, but please enquire about the job possibilities with that particular degree, as I have heard some say it is gimmick, but I dont know wether that is true.