PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 26th Jun 2020, 11:56
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboyone
Sick and tired of the constant winging by those who are employed In Dubai for one of the worlds largest aviation employers. Ever heard of the phrase “ don’t bite the hand that feeds you”. You take the money, you enjoy free quality living, good travel benefits, and I here a good provident fund scheme. So if you find all of this just so unbearable, stand by your words and go find a job in some other part of the world. I am sure you will soon find plenty to whinge about there too.
"One of the world's largest" perhaps, but certainly far from the world's best employers, very, very far! This is not a case of "biting that hand that feeds you, the dog was bitten by the master in this case. Did you expect people not to vent and express their anger, frustration and disappointment? Did you ever stop to consider that these people moved to the UAE lock, stock and barrel and committed to this company only to receive a swift kick in the bollocks for their efforts?

You must be a soulless EK manager.

"Free quality living", that was pretty funny...none of those 3 words apply in the UAE.

The only statement you made that might have a modicum of accuracy was, "So if you find all of this just so unbearable, stand by your words and go find a job in some other part of the world." Many of us did! It was seriously the best move I have ever made in my aviation career, no regrets and not a whinge since.