PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Pilot Academy
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2020, 08:15
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give it some time, gentlemen. The most likely option is that the programme will carry on at some point, not to the least because any potential graduations from a new intake are a few years away and the landscape will likely look far better by then. But, on a serious note, I don't think that any assessments will take place until at least Q4 2020. As some colleagues mentioned earlier, the company has a lot to deal with now and, either way, recruitment is no pressing issue for the next months. What I would add to this is that the flight schools have a lot on their plate as well. Imagine the backlog that has been accumulated since March. Many people need refresher training and proficiency checking, many courses which have already been booked and paid for are months behind schedule. Any partners of the school are in a similar predicament - e.g. maintenance organisations also have a backlog on aircraft checks, meaning that an aircraft might become unavailable until such time that its maintenance is sorted. So, do not expect much news for another couple of months, I think.