PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irene King (NZ's Geoffery Thomas) says that NZ needs to open borders immediately
Old 26th Jun 2020, 02:13
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Irene King (NZ's Geoffery Thomas) says that NZ needs to open borders immediately

Self-proclaimed "Aviation Expert" (a.k.a. full-time Florist) says: "New Zealand should open up its borders to Covid-free countries or risk the aviation industry being left behind", an aviation expert says.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-behind-expert

Aviation commentator Irene King called the move “a tragic theatre that’s playing out right across the global aviation industry”.

"It's about energy and excitement and once you start to get that, then you start to get self-belief that we're going to be OK. You put some great airfares in the New Zealand market and people get excited and it generates interest in wanting to see New Zealand. It's all about that excitement now."

"I think the thing that frustrates me the most at the moment is we have a one-size-fits-all response at the border," she said. "There are countries that are Covid-free, and we should be starting to open up, having a very different tactical response for those countries."

Guys, I guess we better reopen the borders...