PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2020, 21:33
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juliet
I think that any extension past Jan 21 will not pass with the same majority as last time. Seeing the trouble the Company is in currently with manning due to making so many F20 redundant I think they are bluffing when they hint at more redundancies. Either that, or probably more likely, they simply haven't thought it through properly, much like the other decisions they've made recently.

I know I'm probably on the pessimistic (realist?) side but I cant see any hiring for at least three years, more likely five.

Edit: ps. Having looked back at 2019 rosters I think average incentive only went over 60 twice. Average incentive is always dragged down so low by all the inclusions that clause 5 in the AFFA has no chance of playing a part.
Didn't go over 60 hours more than twice? Well we know which fleet you were on then 😂 because other fleets went over 90hrs numerous times. And I heard that some SOs hit over 90hrs in December.

Not too different from the 777 rosters this month, with all crew almost hitting 60hrs. And the 787 SOs also almost hitting 60hrs. While the 787 Captains and FOs roster average hitting almost 82hrs...

Furloughed jet cabin crew have already been called back and offered immediate reemployment, while ones that have turned it down have been offered a September course as an alternative.

Regionals pilots are all back full time in a few weeks and those furloughed are rumoured to return in time for Summer.

With Qantas announcing the following largely double-daily services (below), plus Jetstar.... I think you’ll see AirNZ launching a huge amount of flights to combat the threat... Especially with Virgin even set to try punch some services back into NZ despite the recent article claiming the “NZ operation never made any money”. Granted the 14-day quarantine is still in place, but there will be a battle in the near future and if it’s not this school holidays, it’ll be the next one.