PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2020, 15:17
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
Thats why I asked ROC10 when he is due to travel and where the destination was , If its a country that are not allowing UK nationals in then that would be deemed force majeure but to cancel a holiday as they have decided to make a cut in capacity which is what their press articles indicate this would then be something that is inside their control.

I am surprised with the lack of bookings that they claim to have for summer 2020 that they are not trying to retain the bookings rather than saying have your money back or book at todays inflated prices . It is like with my booking I have paid for 11 days All Inclusive but the Sunday flight has been withdrawn to go for 7 days would cost an extra £300 or 14 days £1800 legally they have to offer an alternative at the same cost.
Thanks for the info. We were flying to ACE which is one of their initial eight destinations and flights are operating from MAN/LGW/BHX on the day we were due to fly (16/07) but because the base I booked from is closed, the flights are cancelled. Just to clarify, our booking was flight-only so wasn’t technically a holiday as we have booked private accommodation in Lanzarote. I was thinking along your lines that they’d want to try and retain existing bookings and perhaps offer us seats on the MAN flight but apparently not. We could probably use the refund credit on that flight but we’d rather not as it’s very inconvenient. Jet2 are due to fly to ACE on the 16th from an airport much nearer than MAN so we are now considering that (dependent on a change in FCO advice, of course) and will probably just take the refund from TUI. Shame really but what can we do.