PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 25th Jun 2020, 07:20
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
Norm, Norm, Norm. Again with the hatred of those senior. That is the legal clause. Are you suggesting we should amend it? I don’t want anybody made redundant. If amendments are to be made, the company must negotiate.

I would add that company will ask for concessions. Many of those will, most likely, adversely effect those at the top half to benefit only those at the very bottom. Your attitude won’t be helping them when their finger is poised over the yes or no button. Something to think about.
Pretty much what Equaliser said.

You have your definition and reasoning, the company has a different view. It's the same with redundancy LH vs SH. If it goes that far it will end up in the courts. Stuff like this has never been tested. Your not right, your not wrong, it is just an opinion.

If you are employed on the 380 and the company says there is no useful work for them for 3 years (borders closed or not) then you can remain stood down (yep it sucks).

I do not believe that allows you to use your seniority to jump ship elsewhere, simply because another fleet is maybe flying 10%. That's ridiculous.