PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ pilots under political pressure (merged)
Old 27th Nov 2003, 15:28
John Barnes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if some of the SQ union members slowely are waking up and start to realise that i.s.o.this big deal about the upcoming CA negotiations , they are supporting a big , ex management guy's , personal vendetta. It is bizar that one of the instigators of this motion to get rid of the present union leadership is himself an old union president, who has in the eighties battled higher management before ( In which at the end of the day only some brave expats lost their job!!!! ) and he himself almost ended up in serious trouble with LKY. He then , in true SQ style, turned the corner and became a very influential Deputee Dir Flt Ops , now on the other side of the table of the same union he once lead. A few months ago he resigned from his management job ( or got kicked out by the present generals) and is now one of the instigators of this conflict. ( Offering his help to the pilot body as it is called ) I hope that the younger generation pilots wake up and start thinking real hard if this is the right way to tackle their problems. They have to show a united front, not being bullied by governement , generals , or above mentioned ex union presidents, but come up with strong leadership out of their own group . Sadly I believe that, as I said before, nobody is hungry enough to take the bite!!