PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Just Raised Their Costs.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2020, 21:31
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
MagnumPI, I have been sexually harassed too and it is a very unpleasant feeling.I agree with you about costs as well. My concerns about having a relatively large multi level unit within a business to deal with the problem is that after the initial clean up, they have then to justify their existence. From experience, that means they will go looking for work within the organization, also known as “making @#$% up”. Hence my preference for consultants. They can do a multi million “clean up”, followed by design and implementation of reporting systems and a program. They can then be called back at regular intervals to review and update the program.

A company I worked for tapped into really experienced practitioners in “people stuff” who were so good and so expensive they consulted to big companies. They designed and built our “people stuff” program and kept a watching brief on it. We had MBTI, five day live in neurolinguistics courses, etc., etc. long before they were mainstream. At least one consultant is now a Professor at Melbourne.

You can get really high end people as consultants and in my opinion, they will be better value for money.

Anecdotal evidence from relatives BTW, is that the defence forces are still full of it - both hetero and homo harassment by both sexes..