PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vampire over Cambridgeshire today
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2020, 15:14
Idle Reverse

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Vampire over Cambridgeshire today

With such an eerie silence within the Cambridgeshire skies of late (other than the very occassional Lakenheath / Mildenhall jets) what an absolute delight today to see and hear a beautiful, sleek Vampire gracing the sky over Ramsey / Upwood way. It was obviously enjoying itself up there, in the clear blue sky and sunshine, with a few gentle wing overs, 1/2 Horiz '8s and 1/2 Cubans. It was here about midday. Watching it took me right back to my early JP days up at Linton.

I'm sure there must have been several ex-RAF chaps lazing / working in their gardens around here ( it was very much an Air Force area in days gone by) and so I wondered if any others saw it ? . . . though how could they have possibly missed it ?!!? The colour scheme was the normal silver / grey and I'm guessing it may be Duxford based, perhaps ?

But I was wondering if anyone knows any more about it ? Is it Duxford based ? Who owns it / flys it ?

Whoever it was, please do come again; I'll be in the garden for the next month or two !

Last edited by Idle Reverse; 24th Jun 2020 at 15:16. Reason: Spelling