PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC or no AOC
Thread: AOC or no AOC
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2020, 07:32
andrewr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
If someone wants to take regulatory action because there is no AOC authorising me to fly my wife and 5 kids on a sight-seeing trip around Australia in a C208 I’ve hired from my mate, bring it on!
That's not an example I gave. My example (which you keep ignoring) was someone purchasing an aircraft for a regular trip to Sydney (2(7)(d)(i)), then publicly selling the spare seats.

If someone wants to take regulatory action because there is no AOC authorising me and 3 mates to ‘hour build’ by taking turns as PIC while on a sight-seeing trip around Australia, in an aircraft we hired from another mate and for which we do not share costs equally, bring it on!
Again, not my example. My example would be a businessman who says to his mate who just got his PPL "Hey, I have to go to Mildura every week, how about you fly me there, I'll pay 1/2 the cost and you can build up your hours?" I would call this flying for hire.

If someone wants to take regulatory action because there is no AOC authorising the agricultural operations being conducted in an aircraft I own on land I own and occupy, bring it on!
Here I think you would have a problem. But we know CASA want to allow this particular operation so the likelihood of it being tested is minimal.