PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 24th Jun 2020, 05:57
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
No comms from Company, but a Manager has told me there will be a Group Wide announcement tomorrow which will include plans for up to 10,000 redundancies. Might just be a rumour but fits with the stock exchange announcement on Monday morning, my feeling is that narrow body domestic and Tasman operators will be largely untouched with the brunt coming in non operational and international wide body areas. Good luck everyone.
Probably fits in with the rumour about standing up international Cabin Crew managers time deal with it. I doubt there will be 4 engined long haul flying for a few years, even when international does return it’ll be 787 and 330 only initially. There’s a lot of Cabin Crew needed to crew a 747 or 380 who won’t be needed for a few years.

International Pilots should escape this due to the long lead in times for training and a more complex structure of their agreements if crew are going to be moved. I would expect them to be stood down for the foreseeable future however.