PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 24th Jun 2020, 01:18
Captain.Crunch

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by plotplot
hats off to you sir, I think if xjt email me telling me to get the ball rolling on the visa again I won’t even bother opening the email. Any desire I had to live and work in the U.S. has been completely decimated by its current state of affairs. I cannot even comprehend how they could justify training new hires when they don’t even know what’s going to happen after sep 30, and how long whatever does happen, will last. It was always a gamble to move there chasing jet time and now I would equate it to betting your life savings on one number in roulette. I suppose if you’re out of a job here then you don’t have much to lose by giving it a shot. Good luck with whatever you decide c.c.
Thanks for the pep talk plot.. haha!

Unfortunately dug myself into a hole, where I quit a really great GA job just weeks before the apocalypse. Getting back into flying is probably a pipe dream now for the foreseeable future.

Looking at other options and if this path works out great, but am definitely not rushing over into such an unstable environment. I'll be waiting to see where the chips fall come September before making any decisions.