PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 12:53
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Not my first language)

Actually, Twitter, that's not how it is. As a participant in this forum you surely both recognize and agree that professional pilots speak - for lack of a better term - "pilot-ese".
Oh I nearly forgot: SLF here, on the thread to improve own understanding of aviation law factors implicated in, or more directly presented by, the subject accident of PIA 8303.
That said, "having a bad day" is not part of the professional pilot's creed and it is not part of the lexicon either - with very minor exception. There is so much work and dedication and sincere-plus-devoted career service of so many persons that has gone into constructing the international aviation safety system (or if you like, call it the safety community or infrastructure or ecosystem) that what "future travelers" - SLFs for the vast and heavily predominant majority - understand as "having a bad day" has been constructed out of that system. Yes human beings are endlessly creative critters and find, sometimes, new and improved ways of screwing things up. But I strongly disagree with an assertion that the international aviation safety system so long in the making and which required so much work and effort is so tenuous that a couple of bad-day havers, as these ordinary words are understood by Joan and John Q Travelling Public, can crater any given flight.
Here's a proof: What is ICAO built around, what is its most prominent construct within the aviation safety system which I post here to defend? Answer: SARPs - which of course everyone knows, Standards and Recommended Practices. Second, what did the crew of 8303 not follow? Standard Operating Procedures. Not following those is not merely having a bad day.