PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 12:30
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when TUI are likely to actually inform customers that their flights are cancelled? I am booked to fly with them on 16 July and I know the flight is cancelled as it's not from LGW/MAN/BHX and has been removed from the timetable. However, I haven't heard anything from TUI and while I'm aware it's very early, I'm also aware of how late they often leave communication and want to be able to make a decision on what to do next.

My first option would appear to be to amend to the MAN flight on the same day which seems to have enough free seats but this would be very inconvenient. The second option would be to delay the holiday by two weeks and fly from a near-ish base to where I am booked from (one of the two that will start at the end of July). The third option is to change airline. Jet2 are currently saying they will start on the 15th and are selling flights on the 16th to my destination but I'm not entirely convinced they'll jump straight into full-ops and have no confidence that my airport will be one of the "chosen" few to start first.

We've got some thinking to do but it's difficult with so much uncertainty (I'm still hopeful that TUI may contact us and offer a coach to MAN but again, have no confidence that they will do this).