PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 09:11
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
Er the A321s they currently have can’t actually manage a meaningful load on YYZ-UK, they don’t have the range. Air Transat and Aer Lingus use the much more capable A321NX for transatlantic ops, Rouge doesn’t have any. Any Rouge routes coming back are going to mainline if and until the stored B763s return, or some new NEO’s arrive.
AC were planning to acquire Air Transat, the competition authorities were not very happy about it, but AC may not want to spend money on a leisure airlines in the current climate. IAG has a similar issue in Spain with Air Europa. The Sharklet A321s AirTransat have would be suitable for Canada-UK routes, but no further. The NEO/LRS could push into Europe. I don't think Transat flies very much cargo, so can use all the payload for passengers and their baggage.

I see the recovery being stronger for the leisure market than business, I think companies will be reluctant to take risks with employee health and/or wish to conserve as much money as possible. In this scenario frequency might not be an issue for the next couple of years, certainly for the rest of this year. I think we might see a lot of daily routes being operated 2-3/4 weekly. AC might choose to fly their A330 or 777 on that basis. Watching the recover will be interesting.