PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 07:58
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by caaardiff
Not really sure how you can blame Eastern for that? They operate the service based on demand/slots/aircraft availability, not when the car hire is open. You'd think if car hire was important you'd have done your research before booking the flight, especially at an Airport the size of MME and with the current changes to operations.
Also, Europcar do an out of hours service for £60, which still makes it cheaper than LBA. So you clearly just wanted a moan rather than doing proper research.
I see you even moan about the LBA route on the Leeds thread. Can't please everyone.

With all due respect I worked at LHR with BMA for many years when we had 5 x DC-9 MME rotations a day - I'm not daft you know.

What amazes me is that airlines today such as Eastern will have no chance on getting these routes viable if timing and infrastructure is absent/lacking -
I am quite easily pleased but if we want to see recovery (post Covid - post Flybe - post almost everything else) then some foresight has to be in the business plan surely?
I have tried again and again to use my local airport and to support it but to no avail.