PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 04:44
rrramjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could not agree more Keg.

However, the problem becomes short haul will be asked to make the majority of the concessions to share the pain. If the “4 holers” (sorry for the stupid reference, but this is how some w@nker referred to himself in a webinar) want to start flying again anytime soon, it has to be in short haul. Any change to MGH in short haul to bring in surplus long haul crew will in my opinion fail. Of interest, if the change was to bring all short haul crew back, I think that would be a different story.

Short haul has already taken a circa 34% pay drop to MGH (72 hrs vs 53.54). Long haul fleets when they were flying were still cruising along on 160/145 (B787 - at a high hourly rate) a little while ago - a reduction of a whopping 9% from their usual divisor of 175, even if it was only for 4 week rosters. Didn’t see too much talk about reducing divisors then.... If these guys/girls want to fly on the B737 when there is not enough flying for the current crews, they may need start making some sacrifices themselves.