PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 17:16
Yeehaw22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
... and I "find it odd" that you think being an aviation industry person should prevent someone giving an honest personal opinion on this thread. Despite being retired myself I have a family member, as well as a number of friends, who work in the industry and open discussion of the ins and outs of opening up international travel at this time is important. It will be of no benefit to anyone if a one-eyed approach results in a second peak of infection. I assume you would also criticise those aviation professionals who drew attention to the shortcomings of the certification of the B738MAX as in doing so they were harming the economics of the industry.
No not at all, and that's a totally different kettle of fish entirely and I don't really understand the relevance of the max In this discussion.

I agree that a balanced view is required, however that isn't happening its all negativity, primarily from people who have no real ties to the industry. We all know its a balancing act of getting the industry moving and preventing another mass outbreak. Those who cant/don't want to fly then fine thats their choice. But at present those who are able and willing to fly dont have that same choice at present.