PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 17:00
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yeehaw22
I do find it odd the amount of people posting on here about how they wont fly, why are people flying etc etc. Which is fine, everyone has a choice and their own views. But why keep posting it on an aviation based forum where real people who actually work in the industry are all crapping themselves about losing their jobs. I have no interest in riding a horse, I don't then join and post on an equine forum about how it's dangerous to ride a horse!
... and I "find it odd" that you think being an aviation industry person should prevent someone giving an honest personal opinion on this thread. Despite being retired myself I have a family member, as well as a number of friends, who work in the industry and open discussion of the ins and outs of opening up international travel at this time is important. It will be of no benefit to anyone if a one-eyed approach results in a second peak of infection. All I'm saying is that at my age I am not happy that my risk of catching the virus, with possibly serious consequences, is low enough to encourage me to take a foreign holiday and if any of my peers asked me I would give them the same advice. For those younger than me I would say go ahead if it's important to your happiness to do so.

I assume you would also criticise those aviation professionals who drew attention to the shortcomings of the certification of the B738MAX as in doing so they were harming the economics of the industry.