PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 15:08
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helipixman
Oh yes the risk of getting killed ? COVID is a silent and unseen killer that could be right next to you at any time ?
In all seriousness helipixman if you really think that, I feel sorry for you and you should consider seeking pyschiatric help. Not that I blame you for holding those views, I blame the media for constantly bigging up bad news and downplaying good news. Despite the numbers in Europe going down quite dramatically, this is almost overlooked, the focus is now on massive increases in Latin America and willing on 'second waves' so they can peddle their diatribe of fear.
I understand 3 school age children have sadly died of cv19 in the UK during the whole episode - that is undeniably sad, but for context you have to compare it to the 50 or so that die of things like accidents every year. That barely ever gets mentioned in the media. 'Child dies after falling off bike - calls for all bikes to be banned' That is literally the level of nonsense some people would tolerate now.
All this goes to prove to would be tyrants the world over, just how easy it is to subjugate a population with fear: the old adage 'there is an invisible enemy that wants to do you harm - just do exactly what we tell you to and we will protect you' works a treat in all autocratic states.