PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2020, 17:53
BusterHot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re Cyrus

I would humbly suggest you ignore anything anyone from Cyrus Capital says until the first aeroplane pushes back. Rumours doing the rounds towards the end of last year were that Cyrus wanted out. The impression was that Virgin were the driving force (ha ha) while the going was good, Stobart wanted a slice of the regional action and were punching above their weight with another agenda and Cyrus Capital were in it for the short term and wanted to make some quick bucks.

As has been said on multiple forums, the 3 “partners” were very strange bedfellows and while any one of the 3 might have taken a good shot at sorting it out, the fact that all 3 seemed to have different agendas made the whole thing a bit of a farce really.

But the main problem which has been highlighted by numerous people before was that Flybe had too much baggage and a business model that was a joke.

IF, and I hope it happens, someone with an ounce of business common sense and a lot of financial backing steps up and tries to fill the complete void that Flybe’s demise has left, then I’ll be cheering loudly. Too late for me, but there are hundreds of top quality people out there that will be an asset to anyone that takes them on. But will a future organisation use the Dash 8.....................?!!