PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines too pessimistic about air travel recovery: merged threads
Old 21st Jun 2020, 06:05
ozbiggles

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts
Where do you begin.
Opening up too early after going softly. We are now seeing states into 2nd waves. Florida, Arizona, Nevada.
General public disorder, a break down in law and order. Seattle, Minasotta, Atlanta, New York...
Large scale public protests in Covid areas.
A commander in chief who is running rallies ( 7 of the event organisers had tested positive) and saying they should reduce testing because it keeps showing people have Covid?( I’ve actually liked some of the things Trump has done in the past but the longer it goes on the more he has lost the plot). I mean he even bought the military out for crowd control?
All they have achieved is a bad economic downturn but not much in return for it and now seemingly giving up on any attempt to manage it...in my opinion.
To keep it aviation related, how are we ever going to open up our borders to the US anytime in the next year. The UK and US have bought the most international cases of Covid to Aus. If you are the PM, what do you do now?