PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Flying Badges
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2020, 17:53
KBW10101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lima Juliet
KBW10110011011010101

Any Branch or Trade can qualify for the VR or G flying badges? Also, the RPAS(P) badge was a b@stardised version of the original badge too. So, I’m afraid you are wrong on that...

I was referring to full time pilots - apologies I didn’t make that clear. Not reserve pilots or VR or even glider pilots. But full time regular pilots.

Plus as stated the RPAS pilot wings blue laurels were changed back - the reasons for which I’m sure are debated elsewhere on here but the fact remains they altered it to suit a particular skill set: and then funnily enough.... changed it right back....

Hence my original statement of “they wouldn’t dare alter the pilot wings/ nor would they get away with it” or words to that affect.

If that weren’t the case - the laurels would still be blue. But they are not.

Altering flying badges / yet again altering well established flying badges to suit a particular career objective of someone in a staff job is ludicrous. Not only is it wasteful in hours spent staffing the paperwork- but also in the cost of manufacture of new flying badges and the hours wasted in Tailoring.

As long as the OJAR narrative is strong enough for the SO to get the next rank up it’s all good I suppose. Nothing had changed there....