PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 18:36
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good news at last.

I've just received an update from the provider of my annual travel insurance policy advising that cover for all reasonable claims relating to COVID-19 will be covered going forward. Obviously, spurious claims amounting to 'disinclination to travel' will be rejected, but medical issues on the trip and things like denied flight boarding due to temperature checks will be covered. Travelling against FCO advice would negate cover of course, and policies would not cover a new generalised government lockdown under the pandemic exclusion rules. But one wouldn't expect that.

I went into this lockdown with 49 flights and 3 cruises booked. 16 flights are still standing, and I intend to travel on them provided that: 1) the airlines actually operate them; 2) Priti-Dim's UK quarantine debacle is cancelled; 3) FCO 'no travel' advice is rolled back.

Obviously, I need the destination to be "open for business" as well.

Anyway, a most welcome development. Kudos to coverforyou / AXA for this. Hopefully, other providers to follow suit very soon. Removes a massive barrier to travel for me.