PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 11:36
chookcooker

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wheels_down
Look it’s been done to death but there is no good return pumping money into this business.

Taxpayers should not be funding this operation that is nothing but a victim of its own poor management decisions.

Canberra has been very vocal about not assisting such corporates and rightly so.

Labor will always come to the mercy of any failed private business. Scurrah lost me when he had all these organized Labor pressers, going against the governments hard ball approach.

I just don’t get it. Taxpayers funding your screwups that have been foreshadowed for a good 5 years. It’s a Singapore and Etihad problem.

Canberra will let this operation fall over. They won’t give it a cent it’s blatantly obvious now after what 20 desperate calls for help from Scurrah. ScoMo won’t lose votes for not funding this mess, but he will if he backtracks and fronts up some cash. Because like myself taxpayers will be pissed, and he will lose my vote.
well if the following is true:

“Virgin Australia administrator Deloitte has also been put on notice that the sale of the failed airline could be blocked by the Morrison government if the successful bidder didn’t issue assurances to maintain regional services and jobs.”

staunch free market and minimal government intervention proponents like yourself should probably be considering not voting for Scomo regardless of weather or not they put any money into virgin.