PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 09:43
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman1
Didn’t JobKeeper come in $60 Billion under budget.. surely they could set a side $10 billion of what was going to be spent to invest in industry/business with the hope of good return in a few years...set aside $10bn and put $1bn into VA as a transport industry investment with Cyrus.

D******d Dan in Victoria set fire and gifted $1bn to private enterprise for nothing to happen and a project to be cancelled...
Look it’s been done to death but there is no good return pumping money into this business.

Taxpayers should not be funding this operation that is nothing but a victim of its own poor management decisions.

Canberra has been very vocal about not assisting such corporates and rightly so.

Labor will always come to the mercy of any failed private business. Scurrah lost me when he had all these organized Labor pressers, going against the governments hard ball approach.

I just don’t get it. Taxpayers funding your screwups that have been foreshadowed for a good 5 years. It’s a Singapore and Etihad problem.

Canberra will let this operation fall over. They won’t give it a cent it’s blatantly obvious now after what 20 desperate calls for help from Scurrah. ScoMo won’t lose votes for not funding this mess, but he will if he backtracks and fronts up some cash. Because like myself taxpayers will be pissed, and he will lose my vote.