PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 19th Jun 2020, 04:36
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zoom isn’t the be all and end all of business communication. A lot of employees sick of talking with their colleagues on a screen all day long, and want to be back in a physical location together. Meetings aren’t as good online as they are in person, can’t pick up the personal communications, can’t detect body language, can’t have quick off the record chats with clients etc.
You are telling me what the employee is wanting and what they are sick of. I am telling you what management and accounting and risk management are thinking. For the foreseeable future, business travel will be way down and only after a risk assessment. Even self-employed who can make up their own mind will think about the risk of shutting down for 14 days.

If anything I’d expect leisure travel to be slightly more affected as holidays are one of the first things to be cut in a recession.
leisure will hold up better overall. There will be a cascade phenomenon. Some people will drop out of budget holidays, but they will be replaced by the next group up who now want a budget holiday. The tier above who have downgraded To budget will themselves be displaced by previous premium leisure.
people will still spend on holidays and travel. But they will mostly spend less than previously. And the destinations available will also be less expensive. So Fiji rather than Hawaii, Hawaii rather than Europe.

In terms of liability I’m sure in time contacting COVID on a business trip will be the same as contracting the flu on a business trip in terms of corporate liability.
No. if you get flu on a trip, your partner does not have to stop work for 14 days and your kids are not excluded from school for 14 days.

The world has changed.