PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 19th Jun 2020, 03:43
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
This is just based on those who work in office buildings, but feedback I’ve heard suggests Zoom isn’t the be all and end all of business communication. A lot of employees sick of talking with their colleagues on a screen all day long, and want to be back in a physical location together. Meetings aren’t as good online as they are in person, can’t pick up the personal communications, can’t detect body language, can’t have quick off the record chats with clients etc. We hear the same suggestion that online conferencing would replace business travel all the time, including post GFC but business travel always seems to return. Even in the age of technology being physically in front of people is the best way to do business.

If anything I’d expect leisure travel to be slightly more affected as holidays are one of the first things to be cut in a recession.

In terms of liability I’m sure in time contacting COVID on a business trip will be the same as contracting the flu on a business trip in terms of corporate liability.
A friend of mine from the corporate world told me his companies new policy is that anyone who goes on an plane trip (whether it be for business or leisure) will have to work from home for 14 days post trip. Just a small example, but could be an insight into the apprehension a lot of businesses have about putting their people on flights for the short to medium term.