PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 21:17
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
You have never seen pure evil until you have seen Venture Capitalists at work. I would care not what assurances are in the DOCA. What will be important is what is left OUT of the DOCA. Regional services, employment guarantees, it won’t matter. The Government is correct to be skeptical.

My lawyers used the analogy of a marriage; you start at the “flowers and chocolates” stage and in at the “divorce court”. You guys are still focussed on the “flowers and chocolates “ end. There will be smiles and champagne shortly. However the VCs are already focussed on the divorce court exit strategy which is kept from you and which neither you nor the general public nor the government are unlikely to enjoy.

You have never had that sinking feeling until you get the VC letter on day 2 with the opening sentence: “Terms in this letter have the same meaning as in the deed of company arrangement”. Under the terms of DOCA, You are required to do ........... and advise the undersigned when it is completed......”. What are then listed are a series of unpalatable actions or prohibitions followed by a legal threat.

‘’If I was you I would hope for the best but actively look for another job and/or a second career.