PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 18th Jun 2020, 20:26
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Seriously, you want to go there?
Boeing is avoiding the US government bailout money because the strings that were attached were untenable - for starters the massive employment cutbacks that Boeing has committed to in order to survive would not be allowed. So far, Boeing thinks they are better off without the bailout money (although many of their suppliers are taking it).
Define the "high interest rates" that Airbus is paying. What are the interest rates on the billions in 'launch aid' that Airbus receives (hint, they are below market - sometimes by a lot). Oh, and how much of those billions in A380 launch will Airbus ever repay? And the news reports from your side of the pond say that Airbus is receiving bailout funds (although the exact numbers are pretty vague):
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/nor...eturn-18386776
Oh, and you still haven't addressed my point - where Boeing is supposed to obtain the tens of billions necessary to launch a new aircraft program. The money that they are currently getting is just to keep the company solvent.
Yes, I'm biased. That's why I normally avoid making posts of this nature. Maybe you might want to recognize you're own bias before calling someone out.