PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 14:01
RedDragonFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
The clock starts ticking once the first sitting occurs, and as we don’t know when ‘midnight’ might be, you probably need to delay that clock starting.

Full time job now, and ideally do the necessary without incurring debt. Class One Medical issued?
Are you sure about that?

https://www.iaa.ie/personnel-licensi...t-examinations
''At ATPL level, a pass in the theoretical knowledge examinations will be accepted for the grant of a CPL and/or an Instrument rating (IR) for a period of 36 months, counted from the end of the calendar month when a pass in all required examination papers was achieved. Provided that both a CPL and IR are granted within the aforementioned 36 month period, ATPL level examination results will be accepted for the grant of an ATPL for a period of seven years from the most recent validity date of the IR entered in the CPL.''

Yes, I have a PPL and class 1. I suppose I am quite lucky in some regards. The only money I have paid for upfront at the moment is for the ATPL theory which is pennies in comparison to other parts of training. I have no debt and have already saved up enough money through working to pay all the way through to MCC. For me personally, I've waited a fair while and waiting a few more years to finish at the ideal time is not a massive issue in the grand scheme of things.