PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Just Raised Their Costs.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 02:10
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
The creation of an entire thought police in Airservices as a response to their culture report.

‘’This is what is killing the Australian Economy; multiple levels of drone public servants proliferating. In this case the Psychological safety, diversity and inclusion” brigade.

But wait, there is more. These people are there to root out racism, bullying, sexual discrimination and similar social evils. Their continued employment entails finding such thoughtcrimes. So expect a reign of terror within Airservices as these folks make Airservices a safe place to work.

My expectation is that this will lead to the destruction of what’s left of operational performance and ultimately needless deaths of pilots and passengers.

The mission of AsA is air traffic control first and foremost and if culture warriors compromise that, as they have a habit of doing, then the mission suffers.
I may be wrong (and happy to be corrected) but my understanding it was the ATC union (Civil Air), not Airservices, who organised the initial report, they had a large number of their members claiming they had experienced bullying, sexual harassment or unfair discrimination and that this was a danger to the public, ASA disagreed with it but organised their own report done in response.

Which also came back with negative results about the culture (sexual harassment, bullying etc).

What do you believe ASA do in response to both reports? Ignore them?