PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naval Scheming?
Thread: Naval Scheming?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2020, 10:55
Fortissimo

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Darvan
I stopped reading this submission when I got to the bottom of the first page and saw that a Lt Cdr Lester May had supported the narrative. Indeed, this document reads very much like a piece of his own work. Anyone who has read his bigoted and ant-RAF letters to The Times over the years will recognise his hand in this comical piece of staff work.
Lester May is also a repeat offender when it comes to airing his bigotry with the Evening Standard.

I am not sure on what evidence Storm Shadow is written off as 'dis-functional' and with no record of successfully interdicted targets. From the photographs I saw it had done quite a good job. I particularly enjoyed the image of a long range 'double-tap' against a bunker where the entry breaches were less than a foot apart, though I expect the SHAR would have got much closer and at far less expense...

Wouldn't it be nice if the two Services could be allowed to get on with a joint operational capability without all the nonsense from people still trying to fight the Falklands campaign again. Has anyone told Sharkey that the current OC 617 is dark blue?