PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jun 2020, 07:45
dragon man

Received 600 Likes on 170 Posts
Let’s face some reality if I may. There has never been a successful corona vaccine. The 6 380s go next month as I posted days ago, the 747s are finished, the Jetstar 787s can be used on some Qantas routes as they are ie Bali, New Zealand and domestic. The number of infections are surging in Mexico, South America, India, Pakistan and The Middle East. The death rate has dropped however BUT Florida as an example is reporting a mutation that makes it easier to spread. As the minister has said no international travel from Australia till 2021 and he didn’t say when in 2021. Qantas has to many long haul pilots and that’s a fact also I think it’s fair to say they don’t want to keep paying 51 days leave per year to pilots stood down. I think it’s fair to see there will be a VR. If that doesn’t get the numbers where they want them then they will look at other options. This doesn’t only apply tp pilots but CC , engineers, etc. Good luck to everyone and keep well.