PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naval Scheming?
Thread: Naval Scheming?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2020, 06:14
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Sharkey

Every time his name surfaces on here my thoughts are the same.

Why would a man who did such sterling work in the 80’s (I know he was a marmite character even then but nobody can deny he did a good job in the Falklands even if his opinion of his own self worth may be a little exaggerated) allow himself to turn into such a comedy character?

I don’t know how staff work looked in the 80’s but if I’d submitted something like that at any point in the last 20 years it wouldn’t make it off the Sqn let alone anywhere near the corridors of power.

If I were Navy I’d be pleading with him to STFU. He is not doing anyone any favours, least of all himself.

Anyone with half a brain can see his submission is basically a bunch of inane and completely incorrect ramblings. Surely nobody takes any of his work seriously?!

BV

Edited to add to Tucumseh, didn’t Sharkey retire as a Commander? If a government minister has to engage with every retired officer of OF4 rank and above they wouldn’t have time to sleep. The bottom line is that someone of that rank may have fulfilled an important role whilst serving but they can hardly be regarded as a policy maker.