PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Arann to operate from Weston, Ireland
Old 26th Nov 2003, 23:49
My names Turkish
Before "Ze Germans" get here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a long time since I flew there, but I was wondering if there are lights on the runway yet? I know that there was big plans to build a tower, extend the runway etc, but the last time I was there from what I recall(And I stand to be corrected here) they had neither lights or an Instrument Approach.

I also wonder about the implications for the local area, as the area is not served by the worlds greatest roads. I presume they will have to build a very large car park also as I would have thought that the present one has not the capacity. I understand, from what I have read in the press that Mr Mansfield may be under quite a lot of scrutiny from the local planning authorities for *alleged* planning infringements, and this seems to be what is holding up further development. I also understand that the locals are opposed to further development of this aerodrome.

It would be great to see Aer Arann operating another route, and creating more jobs hopefully but I would think that it may be quite some time yet before Weston is suitable for operations. Intresting discussion though...