PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 17:22
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
Cloud1- Yes I have said that he best speak to the Tui press office although my complaint is on Tui social media platforms but as yet they have not even come back to me with an email address to send my formal complaint to. The seat map has opened up today which does show it as a SmartLynx A320

I really do hope that the situation changes and I can travel as planned on Tui aircraft with all their own hardworking crew rather than a second class Eastern European airline with old unreliable aircraft further affecting Tui's already bruised reputation. As other posters have indicated they cannot justify at present times having their own crew at home not flying or even worse laid off while they have a third party contractor offering a lower standard of service and customer satisfaction. This would be fine if we had not had this pandemic as it would be extra capacity to cover for demand.
What is your complaint about? You have taken the opinion of some random posters on here to determine that the airline you are flying on is “second class” with old unreliable aircraft. With all due respect the aircraft successfully operated for Thomas Cook UK last year in their colours and their on time performance was no worse than normal and certainly no evidence to point to those leased aircraft as being the reason for performance issues. There will always be someone who complains about something if they have a delay but that doesn’t mean it is endemic of the entire season operation.

How do you know you will get a lower standard of service and customer satisfaction? You haven’t even got on the bloody thing yet.

Whether TUI use a leased aircraft or not and whether they use their crew or furlough them isn’t really your concern as a paying passenger. Let the Unions pick that up. As long as you get your extra legroom seats or indeed a refund as it will say in the t&cs that they cannot be guaranteed you don’t have a lot to complain about yet surely? I noted your comments about the £800 more to change flights and yes that does sound steep so just stick with what you bought in the first place unless I have missed something in which case I apologise in advance.

The public are too quick to moan and groan about everything. It grates my tits.