PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vale Graham Syphers
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 06:59
B747_4ever

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Angel Vale Graham Syphers

I first met Graham way back in 1964 whilst on a temporary posting to Scone with Jim Packer's Tamair. I was flying a C182 at the time (not very often as charter was rather scarce) and I quite often gazed over the fence from the Aero Club, and watched Graham greasing on Col {Pay's C180 like an Old Pro !
We naturally compared notes and in due course, I moved on to fly C185's for 'Junior' Buchanan at Territory Airlines at Goroka. Shortly afterwards, Graham joined our ranks and assimilated into the challenging PNG Highlands flying with alacrity. He just loved flying the C185 and had boundless energy..
Everyone loved Graham. He was a hard working and incredibly skillful Aviator of the highest degree. I was fortunate to be paired with him frequently and I count myself so fortunate in being a Mate of his for literally a lifetime.
We have kept in touch over the years albeit branching off into different forms of Aviation but I count Graham as my longest lasting Wantok Tru
Many of us were enriched by knowing him and we will all miss his relaxed and fun loving nature enormously.
Sincere Condolences to Lyn and family.
Vale Graham - A true Gentleman Aviator of the highest degree.